Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
RU Data Manager
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, Reporting, and Assessment, the Data Manager works collaboratively with university leadership, data stewards across campus, and staff at all levels of the colleges and academic support areas to coordinate the design, develop, and management of reporting as it relates to the Institutional Research Data Warehouse. This work will include: the extraction, cleaning and loading of institutional data such as admissions and enrollment. The Data Manager will also assist in day to day administration of IT systems, implement security controls and provide data owners with reports and identify discrepancies.
- Experiences with a high level of proficiency in computer programming languages including SQL (Structured Query Language), PHP (Hypertext PreProcessor), PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language).
- Professional experience in institutional research, data analysis, business intelligence, data mining, decision support, or a related field.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in database security, backup and recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
Education / Experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or training and work experience at a level which equates to an advanced degree.
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 1
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 2
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 3