CCS - Helpdesk Technician
I. Administrative Information
- Job Title: Helpdesk Technician
- Department: IT
- Reports To: IT Systems Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
II. Duties and Responsibilities
A. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line helpdesk support to internal users, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email, helpdesk tickets or desk side visits, or remote control tools.
- Resolve 75% of incidents on the first interaction with the customer with only the most complex issues referred to higher levels.
- Install software, hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, network interface cards, and disk drives on user’s premises. Perform PC and phone additions/moves/changes.
- Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure their conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
- Interact with IT management frequently through timely reporting of operational activities.
- Interact frequently with users on support issues and needs assessments.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Helpdesk and IT operations procedures related to client services.
- Provide assistance in the areas of site support and project specific assignments.
- Provide support for business applications.
B. Tertiary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
A. Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, related degree where appropriate, and two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and MS Office.
- A+, MCSE and other certifications where appropriate are a plus.
B. Training Requirements
- CCS Systems Training Checklist
- Job Specific Training Checklist
Quality Management Responsibilities
- Every employee of Comprehensive Computer Solutions is responsible for reading and understanding our Quality Policy.
- Employees at some point may find themselves in a situation where a conflict arises between completing a product, program or project and ensuring the end result meets our quality standards. It is important that each employee understands that Quality will take precedence over everything except safety. It is the responsibility of each employee to point out defects in our quality processes and ensure we provide our customers with only the highest quality possible.
- Every employee of Comprehensive Computer Solutions is responsible to understand and be knowledgeable of the products and services of each division.
- Each employee should be able to answer casual questions on what we do using the marketing card developed by the Director of Marketing.
- Employees should understand that leads for new business may come from anywhere, even from casual conversation. All employees are responsible for notifying the Director of Marketing of the potential new work.
- Desktop Computer
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.