College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Eastman - Lead Site IT Analyst
- Able to lead manufacturing site IT infrastructure projects
- Coordinate technical staff's daily work assignments.
- Able to use analytical skills in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing infrastructure problems.
- Able to work collaboratively with site management on projects and support.
- Able to work collaboratively with site support functions. (e.g. Process Areas, Lab Functions, Technical Staff, etc…)
- Effective and proactive communication on status, opportunities, etc…
- Be able to work collaboratively with corporate IT function on both support and project related efforts.
- Be able to work collaboratively with vendors on both support and project related efforts.
- Off-hours availability as part of an on-call rotation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive in leading efforts. Demonstrate initiative.
- Occasional Travel (10%)
- Train employees on IT systems, procedures, etc both in class room settings and one-on-one sessions.
- Insure participation in site safety processes. Insure completion of department Safety activities.
Responsibilities and Technical Skills
- Implement network projects as needed to accommodate site building renovations, construction, and demolition/closing.
- Manage moves/adds.
- Diagnose and correct network problems.
- Address datacenter facility and business continuity. (e.g. HVAC, Power, UPS, PBX/VoIP, etc..)
- Monitor and secure datacenter environment
Server / Storage Administration:
- Manage the Windows Server environment.
- Manage the VMware environment.
- Maintain SAN/ NAS storage infrastructure.
- Investigate and perform analysis of hardware requirements, while maintaining awareness of hardware consolidation opportunities.
- Rack mount and run cable for server hardware. Install server software (e.g. OS, applications). Maintain HW/SW stability.
- Manage disposal/retirement of obsolete assets per site disposal policy.
- Maintain Windows Security and OS patching in compliance with the Corporate Security Team. This includes SCCM client implementations and patch reporting.
- Manage File Server security (file/folder access) and Print Server (print queues and drivers).
Desk Side Support:
- Be a technical resource for IT support staff supporting Windows devices.
- Proactively manage support requests. Log requests. Identify and work items requiring attention. Close items when completed.
- Insure operating system patch application is compliant in accordance to IT metrics.
- Investigate and remediate virus and malware occurrences.
- Provide video conferencing support.
- Support electronic equipment disposal process.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
5 years of IT Infrastructure experience preferred for this position.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.