College of Business and Economics
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.B.A. in Management
The undergraduate program in the Department of Management prepares students for careers in organizations. The program provides students with a basic knowledge of business and administrative practices and helps them to develop an understanding of business and administrative functions and analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
The management degree is for students primarily interested in dealing with the total operations of organizations. Courses cover decision-making, production of goods and services, supply chain management, electronic business, human resources, entrepreneurship, global issues in management of corporations, and labor relations areas of business.
We offer the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree in Management, a concentration in entrepreneurship and minors in both management and entrepreneurship.
Enrollment in upper-division courses in the Department of Management (those prefixed by MGNT) is restricted to students who have completed the pre-business program and have been admitted to a business major.
Core Curriculum Requirements (43-45 credits)
Includes 12 hours of pre-business required courses. See Core Curriculum courses.
Business Core Courses (27 credits)
After completion of all pre-business courses, students pursuing a B.B.A. degree are required to take the following courses:
- ITEC 281 - Data Management and Analysis with Spreadsheets
- BLAW 203 - Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 340 - Global Economy and Business
- MGNT 322 - Organizational Behavior
- MGNT 333 - Business Analytics for Decision Making
- MGNT 357 - Operations Management
- FINC 331 - Introduction to Business Finance
- MKTG 340 - Principles of Marketing
- MGNT 428 - Global Business Strategy
Required Courses (9 credits)
Choose four courses from the following: (12 credits)
- MGNT 330 - Managing Technology and Information Resources
- MGNT 350 - Owning and Managing a Business
- MGNT 361 - Organizational Communications
- MGNT 425 - Management of Change
- MGNT 450 - Managing New Venture Creation
- MGNT 452 - Business Consulting
- MGNT 457 - Technology and Innovation Management
- MGNT 460 - Business and Society
- MGNT 471 - Special Topics in Management
- MGNT 481 - Management Study Abroad
- MGNT 490 - Management Internship