The undergraduate program in the Department of Management prepares you for a career in organizations. The program provides a basic knowledge of business and administrative practices and helps to develop an understanding of business and administrative functions and analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills. The management degree is for those primarily interested in dealing with the total operations of organizations. Courses cover decision-making, production of goods and services, supply chain management, electronic business, human resources, entrepreneurship, global issues in management of corporations, and labor relations areas of business.
Upon admission to Radford University or upon selection of a major in business, B.B.A. majors are classified as pre-major. Upon completion of all required pre-business program courses with a minimum average GPA of 2.0, you are officially designated as a business major in your selected field of study and permitted to take 300- and 400-level business courses.
You must also complete all courses required for your major as well as other courses required by the university. Non-business majors are allowed to take upper division business courses if you have completed at least 56 credit hours and meet all other course prerequisites.
Enrollment in upper-division courses in the Department of Management (those prefixed by MGNT) is restricted to students who have completed the pre-business program and have been admitted to a business major.
All students, regardless of their major, who intend to earn a B.B.A. degree are required to take each of the following courses:
- STAT 200 - Introduction to Statistics *
- ECON 105 - Principles of Macroeconomics *
- ECON 106 - Principles of Microeconomics *
- MATH 126 - Business Calculus * or
- MATH 151 - Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- ACTG 211 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- ACTG 212 - Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
* These courses may also be used to satisfy Core Curriculum requirements for the B.B.A degree in all business majors except the ECON major and the college recommends they be used in this way. Students can use only one course with their major prefix to fulfill core requirements; therefore, ECON majors cannot use both ECON 105 and ECON 106 to satisfy CORE requirements.
In order to graduate, you must have an overall grade point average GPA of at least 2.0 in all courses taken at Radford University, in addition to an overall 2.0 major GPA. For the purpose of computing the major GPA, the major is defined as all pre-business and business core courses and the 18-30 hours prescribed for the major by the department. In addition, at least 50 percent of the business courses required for the B.B.A. degree must be taken at Radford University. Business courses are defined as those having the prefix ACTG, BLAW, FINC, MGNT, or MKTG.
Those who are earning a business minor must earn a GPA of at least 2.0 in the courses comprising the minor. Courses in a minor are defined under each category. At least 50 percent of the business courses required for a minor must be taken at Radford University.