College of Business and Economics
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.B.A. in Accounting
All requirements for accounting majors in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Business Law are outlined below. Among these requirements (120 total credits) are a set of required courses, business core courses and 30 semester hours of major courses.
Our major prepares you to enter the fields of public, industrial, service, governmental and nonprofit or tax accounting. It also provides an appropriate preparation to pursue graduate work in accounting or other areas of business.
The Virginia Board of Accountancy requires candidates taking the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam in Virginia to have a baccalaureate degree, 120 total semester hours of credits, 30 semester hours of accounting, and 24 semester hours of business in order to sit for the CPA exam. The requirements for other states may vary.
Core Curriculum Courses (43-45 credits)
(Includes 12 hours of pre-business required courses. See Core Curriculum courses).
Business Core Courses (27 credits)
- ITEC 281 - Data Management and Analysis with Spreadsheets
- BLAW 203 - Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 340 - Global Economy and Business
- MGNT 322 - Organizational Behavior
- MGNT 333 - Business Analytics for Decision Making
- MGNT 357 - Operations Management
- FINC 331 - Introduction to Business Finance
- MKTG 340 - Principles of Marketing
- MGNT 428 - Global Business Strategy
Required Courses (21 credits)
Choose three courses from: (9 credits)
(At least two courses must have ACTG prefix)