The undergraduate program in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Business Law prepares students for careers in the public, private, government and nonprofit sectors in accounting, finance, insurance, and/or real estate. The programs provide students with a basic and broad knowledge of business and administrative practices including analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Pre-Business Program Courses
All students, regardless of their major, who intend to earn a B.B.A. degree are required to take each of the following courses:
- STAT 200 - Introduction to Statistics *
- ECON 105 - Principles of Macroeconomics *
- ECON 106 - Principles of Microeconomics *
- MATH 126 - Business Calculus * OR
- MATH 151 - Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- ACTG 211 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- ACTG 212 - Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
* These courses may also be used to satisfy Core Curriculum requirements for the B.B.A degree in accounting and finance majors and the college recommends they be used in this way.
Business Core Courses
After completion of all pre-business courses, students pursuing a B.B.A. degree are required to take the following courses:
- ITEC 281 - Data Management and Analysis with Spreadsheets
- BLAW 203 - Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 340 - Global Economy and Business
- MGNT 322 - Organizational Behavior
- MGNT 333 - Business Analytics for Decision Making
- MGNT 357 - Operations Management
- FINC 331 - Introduction to Business Finance
- MKTG 340 - Principles of Marketing
- MGNT 428 - Global Business Strategy
Students must have an overall grade point average GPA of at least 2.0 in all courses taken at Radford to graduate with the B.B.A. degree. In addition, students must have at least an overall 2.0 major GPA. For the purpose of computing the major GPA, the major is defined all Prebusiness and Business Core courses and the 18 to 30 hours prescribed for the major by the department. In addition, at least 50 percent of the business courses required for the B.B.A. degree must be taken at Radford University. Business courses are defined as those having the prefix ACTG, BLAW, FINC, MGNT, or MKTG.
Students earning a business minor must earn a GPA of at least 2.00 in the courses comprising the minor. Courses in a minor are defined under each category. At least 50 percent of the business courses required for a minor must be taken at Radford University.