College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Political Science Major
Political Science involves the study of politics and government. The political science curriculum at Radford is intended to provide undergraduates with a background in the discipline within the context of a liberal education. The major and minor requirements in political science are intended to develop students' analytical and communication skills as well as a knowledge of politics, the public policy process, and government institutions. By stressing ethical thinking, an understanding of diversity and global issues, creative problem solving, critical reading and thinking, information literacy, and oral and written communication skills, the program provides excellent preparation for graduate and professional studies and a variety of careers.
Political Science student select one of three concentrations: Public Affairs (specializing in American Government, Political Theory, and Public Affairs); Foreign and National Security Policy Concentration; or Law, Justice, and Society Concentration (standard political science major with a pre-law emphasis).