For consideration as an IDSL Faculty Associate, individuals should submit:
2. A brief description (250 word maximum) of research interests—something like a faculty profile—to be included on the website.
3. A letter of interest detailing experience and/or interest in interdisciplinary work as well as experience and/or interest in mentoring students (500 word maximum).
For consideration as an IDSL Instructional Faculty Associate, individuals should submit:
2. A letter of interest discussing experience and/or interest in interdisciplinary work Interdisciplinary and/or relevant courses taught, and a discussion/statement of which IDST courses faculty are interested in teaching (500 word maximum).
3. A letter from your department chair or director indicating her/his support of your teaching for the IDSL program as well as a statement indicating their ability to cover the course "lost" from your program.
4. Summary of quantitative and qualitative teaching evaluations from your FAR from the last 3 years (not to exceed one page).
Application Review Procedures and Service Terms
A selection committee, comprised of the 2 social science faculty and the 2 humanities faculty serving on the IDSL Advisory board and the IDSL director, will review faculty applications. The selection committee aims to select a broad pool of Faculty Associates to best serve the needs of IDSL students. Instructional Faculty Associates will be selected based on current program needs.
Both Faculty Associates and Instructional Faculty Associates serve three year terms. Faculty interested in serving multiple terms are encouraged to apply for reappointment in their final year of service.