College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Communication Week 2012
The School’s third annual Communication Week was marked by a series of keynote speakers, alumni panels and the first School of Communication Student Awards and Recognition Banquet. Featured speakers included Marty Smith, '98, a nationally known ESPN NASCAR reporter; Carole Tarrant, the editor of the Roanoke Times; Steve Jackson, an expert on converging media; and Kevin Daley, a former “Mad Man” who now trains executives to speak persuasively.
Alumna Alyssa Gavitt '09, M.S. '10 presented a mid-day talk to students about the need to change their mindset from student to full-time job seeker, and two panels of alumni wrapped up the week by talking informally with students about finding and landing a job.