College of Education and Human Development
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Licensure in Hearing Impairment
Coursework to obtain licensure in Hearing Impairment PreK-12
Who is Eligible?
- All professionals who are currently licensed in some area and wish to add-on licensure in Hearing Impairment PreK-12.
- Professionals who are currently working with Deaf or Hard of Hearing students under a conditional license in Hearing Impairment PreK-12.
- Interpreters and instructional assistants currently working with Deaf or Hard of Hearing students.
- A major in special education hearing impairment is required for HI licensure or 27 semester hours in the education of the hearing impaired.
- All coursework specific to deaf education is offered through Radford University. Coursework which is necessary for licensure in Hearing Impairment PreK-12, and is not specific to deaf education, may be taken at other Virginia colleges and universities.
- Please see the required competencies for HI licensure with corresponding RU courses.
Note: Highlighted courses should be taken through Radford University's state approved program in order to fully cover state competency requirements.
other opportunities to learn and use american sign language
Spring 2018 Silent Gatherings Schedule
|Mondays||ASL IV||4:00 - 6:00 pm||Waldron 227|
|Wednesdays||ASL I & II||6:00 - 8:00 pm||Waldron 227|
|Thursdays||ASL I & II||5:00 - 7:00 pm||Waldron 227|
- Video tapes can be borrowed from the McConnell Library, the ASL instructors, or the IDHH program coordinator
Provides an excellent opportunity for IDHH majors to learn about American Sign Language, learn about deaf culture, learn new signs, make new friends, and have a good time!