College of Education and Human Development
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Grant & Licensure
Radford University is now offering partial tuition support for coursework leading to licensure in hearing impairment PreK-12 for qualified individuals. Grant support currently includes:
- Partial Radford University tuition paid for all courses leading to licensure in hearing impairment PreK-12.
- Tuition reimbursement (comparable to Radford University graduate in-state tuition rates) for coursework leading to HI licensure taken at other Virginia colleges and universities (must be pre-approved by the grant coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reduced rate lodging for three (required), Saturday meetings at Radford University for EDSP 426/526, Introduction to Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Reduced rate lodging for two-week intensive summer courses.
Who is Eligible?
- All professionals who are currently licensed in some area and wish to add-on licensure in hearing impairment PreK-12.
- Professionals who are currently working with deaf or hard of hearing students under a conditional license in hearing impairment PreK-12.
- Interpreters and instructional assistants currently working with deaf or hard of hearing students.
A major in Special Education-Hearing Impairment OR 27 semester hours in the education of the hearing impaired is required for HI licensure.
All coursework specific to deaf education is offered through Radford University. Coursework which is necessary for licensure in hearing impairment PreK-12, and is not specific to deaf education, may be taken at other Virginia colleges and universities.
How do I receive reimbursement for coursework leading to HI licensure?
Grant support currently includes tuition reimbursement for courses leading to HI licensure that are taken at other Virginia Colleges and Universities. To apply for reimbursement:
Prior to taking the course
- Complete the Application for Tuition Support and FAX or mail to address below.
- Complete the D/HH Grant Contract and Payback Commitment and submit to address below.
After successful completion of the course
- Submit a transcript showing the name of the course and the passing grade (A or B for graduate students)
- Submit a tuition bill for the class showing a zero/paid balance.
- Allow twelve weeks for payment processing
All materials should be sent to:
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Licensure Program
P.O. Box 6959
Radford, VA 24142