College of Education and Human Development
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Welcome to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism. We offer three academic concentrations:
RCPT in the News
Mark Wagstaff has blazed a trail in outdoor leadership education in Japan.
Whittington, an associate professor in RU's Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, runs the department's Wilderness Institute, an intense four-week outdoor training course
If you tell Tucker White and Dan Reinis to take a hike, they'll gladly do it. And you may not see them again for months.
Think of spring break, and you picture college students painting houses with Habitat for Humanity or planting trees at sites ravaged by mountaintop removal.
Radford University students immersed in New River course
By Robby Korth email@example.com 381-1679 | Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 6:00 am
RADFORD — Going to class was a little different for six Radford University students last week. Rather than meet up in classrooms on campus they learned lessons from canoes on the New River as part of an immersive program: Radford’s Semester on the New. Read More