College of Humanities Recognizes Dean's Scholars
Radford University’s College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences (CHBS) has named its Dean’s Scholars for the 2011-12 academic year.
"We are all so proud of these students' remarkable academic achievements as well as their profound commitment to their communities," said Katherine Hawkins, dean of the college.
The college annually honors a senior from each of its academic departments. The honorees have excelled academically while making important contributions to the campus and/or local community, Hawkins said.
This year’s CHBS Dean's Scholars are:
- David Atkins, history
- Ingrid Baker, English
- Carlin Crisanti, philosophy and religious studies
- William "Bryce" Floyd, media studies
- Megan Funston, psychology
- Michael King Gibbs, sociology
- Daniel Martinez, political science
- Lauren P. Miller, communication
- Michael Moser, criminal justice
- Christina Shockley, interdisciplinary studies
- Kristen C. Straniero, social science
- Nicolas Wood, foreign languages
A reception and awards ceremony honoring the Dean’s Scholars will be at 2 p.m. April 14 in the combo room of the Hurlburt Student Center.