The iLab, located in Radford University's Center For Innovative Teaching and Learning (Walker 279), was unveiled in fall of 2009. The room is outfitted with numerous learning technologies including:
- Smart Board
- High-Resolution Document Camera
- Moveable tables and chairs
- Computer and Internet capable being controlled from anywhere in the room.
- Blue Ray/DVD player
- HD Cable Television and Monitors
- iTouch/iPhone/iPad remote control ability
- Wired and wireless laptop projection capability
The technologies included in the iLab are featured in the recently renovated Young Hall on the Radford University campus. The classrooms in Young Hall feature the same tools from the iLab. Get a glimpse of the iLab in action.
A lesson in the iLab with Dr. Straw
The iLab features an elegant touch-panel switching system used to access the different technologies in the room. There are also three video displays: a large, front-projection SmartBoard, and two Samsung HD Television Monitors. These can be used to provide three points of view for computer, DVD, etc., images, or can have their inputs mapped to different devices (i.e., one display for the computer, one for document camera, one for DVD, etc.).