Faculty who complete the faculty innovator cafe are eligible to compete in a Shark Tank style competition during an Our Turn session that takes place each August. Selected projects recieve a small seed grant to help with expenses to get each project started.
Shark Tank Winners - August 2016
- Kevin Ayers – Give Me 10! Recess Break
- Melissa Lisanti – Learning by Looking Back: Using Reflection to Understand and Take Ownership of Intellectual Growth
- Jean Mistele – Designing and Researching Mathematics Curriculum
- Wendy Eckenrod-Green – Student Teachers and Wellness
- Tay Keong Tan – Grade Appeals: Adjustment, Accommodation, or Appeasement?
Shark Tank Winners - August 2015
- Roann Barris – The Aesthetics of Science and the Science of Art
- Dan Gilbert – Focusing on Feedback to Improve Public Speaking
- Darren Minarik – Answering Compelling Discussion Questions
- Tay Keong Tan – Integrity in the Classrooms without Policing or Punishment
- Laura Vernon – Grammar Unwrapped