- About Us
- Our Turn
- Quality Matters
- Training and Orientation
- New Media Center
- Distance Education
- Faculty Innovator Cafe
What is the Applying the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric Course?
- An overview of the standards of the rubric, which are based on best practices.
- An opportunity to discuss best practices with others.
- Completing the day-long course will certify that you are aware of best practices related to online course design and this certification is good for three years.
- Completing the course makes you eligible to continue on the path to external QM certification.
What the Applying the QM Rubric Course does not do:
- Certify your course in any way
- Cover facilitation or teaching practice
- Provide a space for application of the standards in your own course
If you are interested in becoming more knowledgeable about QM and what they define as the best practices in online course design, please CLICK HERE to register for the day-long Applying the Quality Matters Rubric training, which will be held on Jan. 13th in the i-lab (Walker 279) from 8:30-4. Registration open 'til Monday, January 9th, 12 noon.
Have you completed the Applying the QM Rubric training?
Ready to take your online course development to the next level?
Interested in discussing how to apply the QM Rubric to your course and consider effective facilitation techniques?
If so, please consider registering for our Online Institute, which will take place during the spring 2017 semester.
This group will meet discuss strategies for accomplishing all of the standards of the rubric, as well work to create presence, which Radford University is known for.
Meetings will be held in Walker 279 and accomodate for various schedules.
- Session 1
Feb. 7th @ 3:30 PM, or
Feb. 8th @ 2 PM
- Session 2
March 14th @ 3:30 PM, or
March 15th @ 2 PM
- Session 3
April 4th @ 3:30 PM, or
April 5th @ 2 PM
- Session 4
April 25th @ 3:30 PM, or
April 26th @ 2 PM
In addition, up to four courses will be identified for internal review, which will provide rich feedback from which to continue the cycle of improvement, espoused by QM and help prepare the course for potential external review.
If you register and attend all four sessions of the Online Institute you will earn a certificate of completion, which can be added to Activity Insight for professional development.
Please CLICK HERE to register.
Best Practices in Teaching and Learning: A Discussion Group
Have you been “following the science?” There are a lot of buzz words and terms being kicked around today, but which have solid research behind them? How can we best incorporate them into our course designs?
- Please consider joining us for this discussion group where we will tackle such hot-button issues as:
Competency based education
Learning how to learn
Why failure has to be an option
- Meetings will be held on the following days:
Feb. 17th @ Noon
March 17th @ Noon
April 7th @ Noon
April 28th @ Noon
Registration is required, as sessions are limited to 10 participants.
Please CLICK HERE to register