Training in Computer Techniques
Academic Technologies offers a variety of courses that help in specific areas of computer use. As the needs are recognized we create training sessions that address the requirements of the RU community.
Examples of Computer Trainings
Managing Your Files More Efficiently!
This session focuses on practical techniques in file storage. Keeping up with electronic files on your computer is becoming more and more important. In this session you'll become more familiar with files, folders, and data storage devices and how to save, find, and organize documents, photos, and other files with Windows XP.
Using Your Tablet PC
This course covers the basics of what you need to know to get started using the Tablet features of a tablet-enabled mobile computer.
- Become comfortable using the pen as an input device; setting pen configurations
- Learn the basics of the Input Panel
- Using the specialized hardware buttons on the computer(s) when in tablet mode
- Using INK in Office 2007 programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- A quick look at Journal and OneNote
- Become familiar with the resources available on your computer and on the Internet